Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Twin A Graduates to the Growing Room

The boys continue to improve. Twin A left NICU today, and went into the Growing Room (or affectionately called the "Fat Farm" by the nurses). I was able to hold him today, which was so wonderful. He has been handling food well, and is increasing his intake per meal from 5cc to 10cc.

Twin B is also doing great. He is breathing better and better, and they are slowly trying to wean him from the support. There is still a little fluid in his lungs, so they are doing it very gradually. He is also handling the food well, and they are increasing his meals by 2cc every other feeding. So, as of now he is at 7cc. He had a bath last night, and the nurse said he certainly didn't like it! She said he is adorable, but she predicted he will be a little "Pistol"!

Shmuli has been a big help around the house as we get things organized. I am so looking forward to taking him to the hospital during the weekend during Family Visit Time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie it wouldn't let me enter my name so I am posting anonymously. It's me Miriam Krombach. The twins look great. They seem to be working hard at understanding their job. Must get home and see what a home is.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie and Robert, the boys are so cute. John and I are soooooooooooooooooo thrilled for you two,Congratulations. our twins will be no more then 2 months appart, I'm so excited.

Love, Tabatha

Ps. I will show John your web site as soon as he gets home tonight.

Looking forward to updates. Hugs, Tab

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home